WORLD ASSOCIATION FOR PSYCHOSOCIAL REHABILITATION
WAPR Membership Policy
WAPR offers three types of membership: Individual, National Branch & as a Corporate / affiliated Organization
- Individual Members may be either members of the International WAPR or associated through National Branches.
- National Branches need to meet standard criteria required by WAPR
- Corporate Organizations may be either members of the International WAPR or associated through National Branches. In order to be accepted as a member they will provide terms of reference / constitution and report of activities coherent with values and mission of WAPR.
BRANCHES: Requirements for new application:
- Interest, intention and agreement to join WAPR
- Name of main officers and brief curricula with specific reference to psychosocial rehabilitation
- List of members of proposed national branch membership
- Statement expressing the Branch’s Funding Principles (orConstitution) are coherent with WAPR principles and values according WHO-WAPR Consensus statement: http://www.wapr.info/World_Association_for_Psychosocial_Rehabilitation_WAPR/Documents_files/WHO_WAPR_ConsensusStatement_96.pdf
- Mission, goals, programs and activities in the field of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, collaboration with other mental health agencies.
- Dues payment
BRANCHES: Requirements for renewal / standard revision every three years:
- Reports of programs, activities, collaboration from national secretaries (to Secretary General, Solomon Rataemane, firstname.lastname@example.org, copy to email@example.com
- List of members in good standing
- Dues payment:
|Country Branches as per World Bank Classification||Minimum fees every year|
|Lower middle income||$50|
|Upper middle income||$75|
|Regular Individual Member||$50|
|Others / Affiliated Organisations||$150|
|Students / Consumers / Families||$25|
Procedure for Organisations to become a WAPR Member:
Contact our Secretary General, and ask for advise about detail of the procedure in order to prepare the required documents and statement.
Once the documents are received, the General Secretary in consultation with Chair Membership Committee will circulate the proposal for consideration of Executive Committee and comments from Regional Vice President. This will be then forwarded to the WAPR Board.
Once the new Branch is approved as an Ad-hoc Branch, the final confirmation will be granted by the General Assembly
WAPR Membership Committee:
- Chair: Murali Thyloth, WAPR President.
- Co-Chair: Solomon Rataemane, WAPR Secretary General.
– Gabrielle Rocca, WAPR President Elect.
– V. K. Radhakrishnan, WAPR VP
– Pichet Udomratn . WAPR VP.
For further details please contact:
- Murali Thyloth ,President WAPR, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solomon Rataemane, Secretary General WAPR, email@example.com
- Mathew Varghese, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org