Dear members of the WAPR,
I hope all of you are safe and healthy. All of us are aware that the whole world is going through a devastating pandemic and this has affected not only WAPR activities but also other sister organizations. As a consequence, to this the World Congress of WAPR and World Assembly, which was scheduled in Abu Dhabi for 2021 got postponed. However as per our Constitution the elections to the board for 2021-2024 has to be conducted. In the present situation it may be difficult to envisage a physical assembly for the purposes of election. The election Committee composed of Murali Thyloth, President, Ricardo Guinea, immediate past President and Gabriele Rocca, President Elect had two meetings and decided to start the election process. As the first step we have to start the nominations for various posts. I am pleased to announce the dates for nomination and scrutiny of nominations. Those of you who have completed in the same position for two consecutive terms can opt for any position other than the present one.
1. Nominations either by self or by another member or country of good standing by e-mail indicating the nominees’ personal details, can be sent to the president WAPR. Along with this a brief CV highlighting the nominees WAPR work is desirable. Last date for receiving the nominations is 30th June 2021 before 12 .00 midnight (of respective countries).
2. All the nominees are requested to pay the pending dues for the year 2018-2019, 2019-2020, and 2020-2021 as per world bank classification. Dues can be sent to the WAPR account, the details of which are provided in our website.
Please open the Home page wapr.org, then go to the division of Dues and Donations. Under dues the procedure of payment is given. As per the constitution the dues can be paid till the day of Election.
3. The election Committee will scrutinize the nominations and valid nominations will be placed to the board by end of July 2021.
4. The election may take place in the last week of January 2022 or first half of February 2022. Process of the election will be communicated to all by the election committee.
5. All the board members are requested to disseminate this information to as many members and countries as possible.
Further information will be intimated to members from time to time.
Please note that there are some delays in the process due to the prevailing situation in the world.
Positions for nomination:
This is to bring to the notice of all members of WAPR in good standing to send nominations to the following positions. Note that an individual who has completed two terms in a position cannot be nominated for the same post.
- Vice President 1
- Secretary General 1
- Europe Reg Vice President 1
- Europe DY Reg VP 2
- Africa Reg VP 1
- Africa Reg Dy VP 3
- America Regional VP 3
- South east Asia VP 1
- South East Asia reg VP 2
- Western Pacific reg VP 5
- Board Members 9
Total positions 29
Murali Thyloth. e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ricardo Guinea. email@example.com
Gabriele Rocca. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download the letter in pdf format here.