The Board Meeting of February 15, 2022, after noting the impossibility of carrying out the
elections in the manner prescribed by the constitution, defined the voting procedures that
the WAPR will exceptionally follow over the next few weeks.
The various phases of the elections will be managed by an Election Committee appointed
by the Board Meeting. The Electoral Committee is made up of: Gabriele Rocca (Chair),
Murali Thyloth (Current President) and Ricardo Guinea (Former President) with the
support of two Observer: Christine Lingjærde and Max Lachman.
1. The Election Committee publishes a list of candidates who can be elected together with a separate list of the number of votes possessed by each eligible country according to the paid dues (both lists in two tabular forms).
2. Each national branch appoints 1 delegate who has the right to vote for all the eligible posts, in discussion with the national branch.
3. The name of each country delegate and their email addresses are to be sent to the electoral committee (all 3 members) and to the 2 Observers.
4. The country delegate sends the table with the list of candidates and the number of votes awarded by that country, back to the 3 Committee members and to the 2 Observers. The file has to be in PDF.
5. The Election Committee tabulates the number of votes for each candidate, scrutinizes the valid votes obtained, and announces the members elected to different positions. This process of scrutiny of the votes may be conducted on a video conferencing platform in the presence of the observers.
The deadline for the payment of the dues by the national branches has been extended to midnight (CET) of February 22, 2022, for tabulation and calculation purpose.
Each National Branch appoints 1 delegate who has the right to vote and sends his name and his email address to the Electoral Committee and to the 2 Observers by February 26, 2022.
The Election Committee publishes the list of candidates and the list of the number of votes possessed by each country on the WAPR Website and send to the national delegates on 27 February 2022.
Last date for feedback or corrections of the list from the National offices to the Election Committee should be received by 28 February 2022.
From 2 March until 8 March 2022 (Midnight CET) each National Delegate will be able to vote by sending the list of candidates with the number of votes awarded by their country.
On March 9, 2022, at 3 p.m. (CET) votes will be counted by the Electoral Committee and the 2 Observers.
On March 16, 2022 at 2 p.m. (CET) the Election Committee announces the elected members during an online General Assembly.